- Turitella - This is a type of gastropod shell. The coiled shapes of the shell can be siin in teh polished rock.
- Ammonite - This is a cephalopod which once swam in the shallow seas. It has a soft body and had tentacles like a squid. It has a chambered shell and resembles a snail.
- Crinoid - They are flower like echinoderms which grew in colonies on the sea floor. Some were free swimming but most were fixed by a flexible stem. It resembles a screw.
- Gastropods - The name means "stomach foot" and it had a head with eyes and a mouth including a flattened foot for crawling.
- Shark Teeth - All teeth in our dig are shark teeth.
- Sea Urchin - This is a spiny, hard shelled animal that lived on the sea floor.
- Brachiopod - They are small marine invertebres with a shell that has two valves.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Fossil Dig Review
What are some other fossils in our dig? Visit and take some home with you!